Join our team at Swanley ParkJOB DESCRIPTION
POST TITLE: Park Rangers
SALARY: From £ 6.56 per hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: Park and Open Spaces Manager
HOURS WORKED; Seasonal Contract
Contact George Brooker, Parks & Open Spaces Manager on 01322 665855, for more information
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To assist the Estates Manager and Park Supervisors with the efficient and effective maintenance of public open spaces and woodland including play areas and the associated equipment.
- To ensure good Staff and Public relations are maintained and to project a friendly and co-operative image at all times.
- To undertake such grounds maintenance work as may be assigned from the weekly work schedule, and to carry out general works as required.
- To assist in the maintenance of open spaces, woodland and amenity areas as directed.
- To work as safely as possible and have regard to other members of Staff and the Public.
- To observe and report any items of equipment or work situation, which is considered to be of an unsafe nature.
- To run recreation activities within Swanley Park and other Swanley Town Council areas as required, including; but not exclusively: Boating, Go Karting, Bouncy Castle, Water Pond, Tree Trek and Plunge
- To attend training courses as required and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and Child Protection Act.
- To conduct litter collections as directed at the play areas, other amenity areas, woodland and open spaces including emptying the litter bins, dog bins and ensure that the areas are kept clean and tidy.
- To clean and maintain the public toilets in a tidy and clean condition during hours of operation and report any defects immediately to the Parks Supervisors.
- To undertake grass cutting of smaller areas using small 2 and 4 stroke engine pedestrian mowers, and a strimmer
- To undertake grass cutting of areas as directed by the Estates Manager or Senior Groundsmen, using specific ride-on machinery.
- To undertake basic use of a line marker as designated by the Estates Manager Senior Groundsmen for certain areas.
- To support volunteer groups assisting in the work on Town Council Projects where allocated.
- To assist in the moving of equipment from any town council owned facilities as and when required.
- To support local schools and groups in the provision of educational projects which fall within your experience or training.
- Where required, to work weekends or evenings in support of other Council staff or Council activities.
- Any other activity that the Town Council feels to be within the remit of this position.
- To hold an in-date First Aid Certificate.
- To obtain a favourable DBS Certificate
- To undertake Child Protection and Safeguarding training
- To obtain a COSHH certificate
- To attend Manual Handling Training
- To attend strimmer training
- To be able to use a trailer or undertake such training as required